Blue bells Blue bells


We welcome constructive feedback to help us improve our work

This page contains information about who you should contact if you have a complaint. 


What is the nature of your complaint?

My complaint is about:

  • A parish church

    If your complaint is about a local parish church your complaint should be directed to the relevant Parochial Church Council (PCC). Contact details for the leaders of local parish churches can be found on parish church websites.


  • A vicarage or other house owned by Chelmsford Diocese

    If you are a member of clergy who is resident in a Chelmsford Diocese vicarage or other property owned by the Chelmsford Diocesan Board of Finance, and have a complaint relating to the property please contact the Property Helpdesk in the first instance. Please call 01245 294471 or send the helpdesk an email.  We hope to be able to address most concerns to the satisfaction of complainants informally and through dialogue.  

    For further information, please read our Guide for residents. 

    If you are a member of the public who has a complaint about a vicarage or residential property owned by Chelmsford Diocese, please see the section (above) on ''Chelmsford Diocese, our staff or representatives'.

  • I am an ecclesiastical office holder with a complaint


    Complaints from Ecclesiastical office holders where the matter is a grievance relating to the exercise of the Office held - should be dealt with through the Archbishop's Council Code of Practice and supportive advice for dealing with grievances.

    Bullying and harassment

    Complaints from Ecclesiastical Office holders regarding Bullying and Harassment from ecclesiastical Office Holders and Laity should be addressed using the Getting on Together Policy. 

For more information or to report anything wrong with this page please contact Communications